November 27, 2009

About Mind Voyages

I have enjoyed reading science fiction and fantasy ever since I was a teenager, many many years ago. Recently I discovered the World Science Fiction Society's Hugo Award web site. I looked at all the winners and nominees and it made my mouth water. So many good books to read and many authors I was already familiar with and some I'm not. I even have a few of the older books packed away in my closet. It gave me an idea. At first, I was going to base the challenge on just the Hugo awards. Then as I thought about it some more, I decided to go with a number of quests including the Hugo winners, taking side trips through the decades reading the nominees, two quests featuring Philip K. Dick and Robert Heinlein. Plus, since I am the type of person who likes variety will include a discovery quest to read new science fiction and fantasy books. And for those who want to just dip their toes in the water and choose from the book buffet. an "I'm giving it all she's got, Captain" quest.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'A Click Apart' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP